How I’ve Been Clearing My Skin
Hey everyone, I hope you’re all having a great Sunday and a great Canada Day! I am currently studying for a computer architecture and digital design exam… how fun, and I work at 430 so I wanted to come in quick and share with you guys some tips and products I’ve been loving for my skin. These are products that have truly been transforming my skin and made it the clearest it’s been in a long time. If you’re someone who deals with acne, like me (I only deal with hormonal cystic acne on the chin) then I hope you find this useful and enjoy this post!
- Clean eating: I don’t always eat clean but lately I’ve been trying to eat super clean from monday-friday and then I splurge and enjoy takeout and pizza etc on weekends. I normally ate like crap everyday so even just eating healthy 5 days of the week I feel has shown in the clarity of my skin! I would just recommend this anyways, even if you’re not looking for improvements to your skin.
- Water: I’m sure you hear this all time, but just drink a ton of water. Literally. I’ve roughly been having almost 3L a day and I’m not sure if this is a direct correlation to how my skin has been, but it can’t be bad for it!
- No Makeup: People are generally surprised when they see me out because for someone who LOVES makeup and beauty, I RARELY wear makeup. I only wear moisturizer and serums to work and when I go out I will finally wear makeup. Even for class, it’s always au naturel. I roughly wear makeup 3 times a month. I think this has definitely made my skin SO much better because even if I forget to wash my face (oops), I don’t have makeup clogging up my pores all night long.
- Keep Up With Your Skincare Routine: Always remember to wash your face before bed; don’t get lazy. I feel like I forget maybe like 2-4 times a month and I feel so guilty so I keep cleansing cloths from Walmart next to my bed now just incase I forget and am too lazy to get out of bed to wash my face. It’s important to get all that sweat, makeup and product off your face from the day.
- Ole Hendriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster (Got mine from Winners but is available at Sephora): This stuff is AMAZING for getting rid of acne scarring which I have a lot of on my chin. It also completely got rid of my sun spots from vacation (no lie). You can notice a difference after one use with this stuff. Definitely worth the money because this product works 100%.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer Pink Grapefruit (Got mine from Walmart): I love everything from this line. I used to have severe back and chest acne in grade 8 and the pink grapefruit body wash from this brand cleared it all! (along with rubbing moonshine my grandma made to dry it all out… don’t ask lol). This moisturizer is with me at all times, no lie its on my kitchen table with me right now while I study. I always use my super rich and expensive moisturizers but I feel bad using them on a daily because I use so much of them and they go so quick. They also just hydrate my face and don’t contribute to my fight with acne. This product is only $10 and although its not AS moisturizing as my high end ones, it does the trick, smells amazing and has salicylic acid acne treatment in it to help fight my breakouts.
- Clearasil Daily Clear BP Plus Acne Treatment Cream (Got mine from Walmart): I use this on my chin and any little breakouts every single night. It was only $6 and is super intense. It does dry out your skin and mine had a bit of flaking after, but it definitely works in helping clear breakouts. I feel like my scarring faded from it as well. It has %5 benzoyl peroxide as it’s only ingredient with is a medication used to treat acne so it’s nothing but good for those pimples.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum (I was sent mine but is available at Shoppers Drug Mart): This stuff is super hydrating and although I don’t feel like it affects my acne in anyway, I do feel as though it’s improved my complexion and therefore made me love my skin even more without makeup. My skin soaks this right up and I feel super dewy and moisturized from it. I love the smell of this as well!
And that’s pretty much it! I use other products on the daily but have been using them for a long time and haven’t noticed an immediate difference from them but these products have shown quick and awesome results so I thought I’d share them with you all.
Don’t forget to subscribe for email updates on the side bar of my website! See you next time.